The role of a probate lawyer is often an underestimated one. You tend to think that the executor of the Will can handle the probate on his/her own. It might be right for small estates, but do remember that the death of a loved one is a stressful time. Therefore it is an excellent idea…
In the articles section you can find blogs that discuss all areas of Estate Planning. By going to the articles section and reading some of the blogs you are able to better educate yourself on the different products and concepts of estate planning.
Estate Planning includes:
- Planning for pass through of assets upon death,
- Planning for minors (Setting up guardianship designations or special needs trusts),
- Utilizing tax mitigation strategies (for example the current gift tax exemption),
- Creating a form of asset protection (from creditors and predators or as a form of marital asset protection),
- Setting up healthcare proxies ( giving someone your trust the ability to make healthcare decisions for you in the event you are unable to do it for yourself),
- Setting up Power of Attorney (enabling someone to make executive decisions regarding your assets and finances in the event you are unable to and it is necessary),
- Medicaid or Retirement Planning (Divesting yourself of assets to qualify for Medicaid or Government subsidies),
- End of life planning using living will or last directive (Indicating burial requests and tube feeding or resuscitation in the event it is necessary).
In the articles section we have gone ahead to make it easier for you to find the topic of interest by creating subcategories. Our goal is to make it simple and easy for people to come to our website in order to educate themselves about the different types of trusts for example Revocable Trusts and Irrevocable Trusts or Special Needs Trusts and Supplemental Needs Trusts.
In the articles section you will find the following subcategories:
In this section you can find a broad stroke of articles/blogs covering all topics related to creating and understanding an estate plan.
A very common concern for people with families or high risk professions for example doctors, lawyers, policemen, firemen, accountants and so on. Newlyweds seeking marital protection and people with large cash liquidity might also be worried about their exposure and seek asset Protection.
At some point in our lives we are done working and are ready to retire and want to know the best practices for retiring. Here you can learn about pass through of assets, divesting of assets and planning for your final days.
Here you can learn about tax mitigation strategies.
Here you can learn about assigning guardianship for minors or assuming guardianship over a loved one who is mentally handicapped.
Everyone wants to plan for events while they are alive and not just after death learn more here.
What happens when someone dies or passes away with a Will.
Flexibility when it comes to planning.
The different types or forms of trusts and their uses.
Planning for Medicaid and Retirement.
Special Needs Trust
Planning for people with disabilities.
Planning for pass-through of assets.
Will and Trust
Different uses of having both documents a Will and some form of Trust.
If you are shopping around or look for ways to vet an Estate planning Attorney/Lawyer and wish to better educate yourself on the topic the articles section is for you.
You have been saving all your life to build an inheritance for your children and family. There is a good chance that if you do not plan your estate smartly they will lose a large part of the legacy to taxes and probate costs. You need to consult with a probate lawyer near me 11553…